A Watchman is an automated oil monitoring device which is fitted in your tank and sends a radio signal to a digital readout in your home. This allows you to easily monitor the oil levels in your tank and prevent run outs.
To reset your watchman:
- Switch the Watchman on and off. You will see a serial number followed by a lower case R which stands for Reset.
- Unscrew and remove the power tube (battery) wait for 2 minutes and then screw the battery back on. Turn on the unit inside. This should reboot the system.
- Within a few minutes the Watchman should display the level of oil in your tank.
What the signs mean:
F = Full Red Light Flashing = No Signal Red Flashing Light = Tank is low on fuel Fluid Level Low & “BAT LOW” = New power tube needed C = Connection fault replacement needed
To Change the Watchman battery:
- Switch off your Watchman display in the house
- Unscrew your existing battery from the transmitter on the tank
- Fit the new battery. Wait for 5 minutes
- Switch your Watchman display back on
Stay on top of your fuel with our smart oil monitor:
OilFox is our easy and reliable way to monitor and manage your oil 24/7 with a handy app on your phone. Click here to find out more.