1. Information about us and how to contact us:
northernenergy.co.uk is a site operated by the following relevant companies:
Northern Energy Oil Ltd. – Company reg: 7362215, VAT reg : 996 9920 33
Northern Energy Gas Ltd. – Company reg: 6894408, Vat reg: 972 5087 95
The above companies are registered at Energy House, Hampsthwaite, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 2HT.
You can contact Us by telephoning Our customer service team on 01423 770 666 (oil) or 01423 772 789 (LPG), by writing to Us at the above address, or by emailing email@example.com (oil) or firstname.lastname@example.org (LPG).
In these Terms and Conditions of Sale, the following words with capital letters are used and this is what they mean:
- Goods: the goods that we agree to supply to you under these Terms and Conditions of Sale and as set out in the Order;
- Order: your order for the Goods;
- Terms: the terms and conditions as set out in the document;
- We/Our/Us: means the Northern Energy companies as set out in Clause 1;
- When We use the words ‘writing’ or ‘written’ in these Terms, this will include e-mail unless we say otherwise.
Additional Service Terms may apply to some of the other Services We provide.
3. Our contract with you:
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all transactions, whether you place an Order online, over the telephone, or otherwise. By placing an Order with Us by any method, you indicate that you accept these Terms and Conditions of Sale, and that you agree to abide by them;
- We may revise these Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time, and the latest version will appear on Our website at northernenergy.co.uk;
- Please ensure that you read these Terms and Conditions of Sale carefully before submitting your Order. Please check that the details on your Order and in these Terms are complete and accurate. If you think there is a mistake, please contact Us as soon as possible;
- We may give you a quotation or price in person, online, in writing, or by phone. All prices are only valid at the point in time We issue them. We may change the price or withdraw a quote at any time prior to acceptance. A quote or price is not an offer from Us and cannot be accepted;
- Should a price be quoted to you that is in the event of an obvious error in Our systems which results in an incorrect price being quoted to you, We will be entitled to cancel the Order and you will be given the opportunity to receive a refund or place an alternative Order at the correct price;
- When you Order on the phone, a contract is formed between Us and these Terms will become binding on you and Us when We confirm on the phone that We have accepted your Order;
- When you order via Our website, a contract is formed between Us when We send you written confirmation of your Order, and at that point, these Terms will become binding on you and Us. When you order online, payment for fuel must be made by debit or credit card at the time of placing your Order;
- If We are unable to accept your Order, by whatever method it was placed, We will contact you and will not charge you for the Goods;
- Each Order you place by whatever method which is accepted by Us forms a separate contract and you are governed by Our Terms and Conditions of Sale.
4. Your personal details:
- You need to provide your name, address, telephone number and email address together with any special delivery instructions in order to open an account with Us.;
- All information you provide must be true and accurate, and you must be 18 years of age or over to open an account;
- We reserve the right to reject or cancel an Order at any time if We are not satisfied with the information you provide;
- The existence of your account with Us and details of any default that may occur will be recorded with a credit reference agency and may be shared with other lenders for the purpose of assessing further applications for credit by you and members of your household, and for occasional debt trading and fraud prevention.
5. Changes to, or cancellation of an Order:
- If you wish to cancel an Order, or make a change to an Order before it has been fulfilled, you must contact Us before 5pm on the last working day prior to delivery. We will try to accommodate your requested change. We will let you know about any changes to the price of the Goods, the timing of supply, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change, and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If We cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to cancel your Order;
- Any payment received in respect of a cancelled Order will be refunded upon request by the same method of payment you used to pay;
- If you cancel an Order with less than 24 hours’ notice before the date of delivery then We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable cancellation fee to cover administrative costs of which We will notify you at the time of cancellation.
6. Delivery of Goods:
We will supply and deliver the Goods in bulk to you subject to you ensuring that:
- You provide Us with clear delivery instructions including full address and if applicable the location or identification of specific storage tanks;
- There is safe, unobstructed access to your premises and storage tank;
- The storage into which the delivery is to be made is safe, correctly installed, and fit for purpose; has a secure gauging system for bulk storage and complies in all respects with all relevant statutes and regulations which may be in force from time to time;
- The storage into which the delivery is to be made will accommodate the full quantity ordered without incidental risk to Our or your property. In the event there is insufficient capacity in the storage tank(s) provided for the whole of the ordered amount to be delivered, you will be charged for the amount delivered only;
- We will aim to deliver to you by the delivery date in your quotation or written confirmation, or if no date is set out, within at least 30 days. However, in exceptional circumstances, this might not always be possible due to factors beyond Our reasonable control. If there is a delay, We will try to contact you as soon as We can agree to a new delivery date;
- If your delivery address is different to the address you provide when ordering, you must advise us accordingly;
- We will not deliver if We consider your premises are unsafe for Our vehicles, or that there is any fault or failure in your storage tank or equipment;
- You will observe good health and safety practices due to the highly flammable nature of the product whether or not such practice is enforceable by law. You will not allow any smoking or naked lights, nor permit any stoves, electric or gas fires, or radiators to function in proximity to a tank or inlet-pipe into which a delivery is being made or a vent-pipe connected to such a tank;
- If We can safely access your tank to make the delivery, you do not need to be present when We deliver. However, if you are present at delivery, you will ensure that the driver making the delivery couples up with the correct feed on your tank(s);
- Your fuel will be deemed as delivered when on discharge it passes the hose connection of the storage tank, container, receptacle, vessel or fill line which you use for receiving delivery at your address;
- All risks associated with the storage and use of the Goods supplied shall pass to you once the Goods have been delivered;
- If We believe it would be unsafe to make a delivery of Goods to you then We may suspend that delivery until We are satisfied it would be safe for Us to proceed;
- We reserve the right to make a charge if a scheduled delivery cannot be effected or if a vehicle is unduly delayed at delivery point, provided such aborted delivery or delay is not Our or Our employees’ fault;
- We reserve the right to make a charge if, due to premature ordering and/or over-ordering, the total Order cannot be delivered at one time. If an emergency delivery is requested due to you having completely run out of fuel, We reserve the right to make a charge if upon delivery it is found that you had not run out of fuel;
- Where the quantity delivered is less than that ordered due to lack of capacity in the tank, We reserve the right to increase the unit price for the delivery by a minimum of two pence per litre per one hundred litres underdelivered;
- When you order a specific quantity of fuel, it is acknowledged by you that due to the nature of the Goods, there may from time to time be a shortfall in the quantity of Goods actually delivered. In the event of a shortfall, you will be charged only for the amount delivered and not the amount ordered. If a further delivery is made, this will be treated as a separate contract;
- Our measurement of quantity will be accepted by you;
- Where you are a commercial customer, the products sold are exclusively for your own use or trade purposes only and must not be resold, transferred, or disposed of to any other person, firm, company, or corporation within the UK, and must only be used by you in the course of your business;
- We will not be liable for any failure, delay, or disruption to Our obligations if so prevented or hindered by circumstances of any kind whatsoever outside Northern Energy’s control, e.g. war, accident, flood, fire, explosion, etc. (Force Majeure). Subject to this Northern Energy and its registered partners may cancel or suspend any of its obligations to you without liability.
In the event that you fail to comply with the requirements in Clause 6, We reserve the right not to deliver, and will not be liable for any such non-delivery (or delayed delivery), and/or any required re-delivery.
7. Price and Payment:
- The price of Goods fluctuates in line with crude oil prices;
- If you are ordering Goods online, the price of Goods will be set out on Our website and We ask you to pay for the Goods when you place the Order;
- If you are ordering Goods in writing or on the telephone, the price will be fixed on the date of that Order and will not fluctuate thereafter;
- Top Up deliveries will be priced at the time of delivery unless a price has previously been agreed in respect of that specific delivery;
- Prices include applicable Government taxes and duties, other than Value Added Tax (VAT) which will be charged separately. You will account to Us for increases attributable to changes in the rates of such taxes or duties or the introduction of new taxes or duties which attach to the product at the time of delivery;
- We may issue you with an invoice/delivery note on or at any time after the completion of delivery;
- Where payments are outstanding, they must be made within the payment Terms agreed by Us. Where credit Terms are agreed, with the exception of Blue Chip customers, We reserve the right to make a credit charge on any monies not received by Us by the due date at the rate of 8% per annum. You will indemnify Us against any damages, claims, expenses, or costs which may arise as a result of the non-observance of these conditions;
- We may use 3rd party databases to ensure that your debit/credit card is not being used without your consent. We may validate your identity during Our ordering process by carrying out checks from time to time. We may reject or cancel an Order if We are not satisfied with the information given;
- Where you have signed a Supply Contract with Us, the Terms of such contract shall prevail if inconsistent with these conditions;
- The property in the company’s products shall not pass to you until full payment for all products supplied to you has been received at the full purchase price.
8. Return of Goods:
- Northern Energy shall accept the return of Goods only by prior agreement confirmed in writing, on agreed payment of a handling charge (unless the Goods were agreed to be damaged when delivered) and where the Goods are as fit on their return as they were on their original delivery;
- Should the Order quantity amount be different to the actual available capacity in the customer’s tank and the volume of oil that was able to be delivered by Northern Energy, then Northern Energy will instruct a refund upon request to the card that was used at the point of ordering.
9. Additional information relating to Our website:
- You must not misuse Our site by knowingly introducing any viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Our site, the server on which Our site is stored or any server, computer, or database connected to Our site;
- We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in Our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. Visitors to the site must not use part of the materials on Our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so;
- We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to Our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents;
- You are responsible for ensuring all persons visiting northernenergy.co.uk through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and that they comply with them;
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service We provide on Our site without notice. We will not be liable at any time should Our site be unavailable for any period of time.
10. What if you are unhappy with the Goods?
- We are committed to listening to the views of Our customers and We welcome feedback, whether positive or negative, to help Us in Our continuing commitment to improving the level of service We provide;
- If you have a complaint, you can complain to Us verbally (informally) or in writing (formally). Our aim is to ensure that your complaint is taken seriously and resolved to your satisfaction;
- If you contact Us with a complaint, We will do Our best to resolve it with sensitivity, fairness, and efficiency and respond within 48 hours. If this is not possible, We will write to you within 5 working days, but should We need more time to investigate the matter, We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within this time scale and give an indication of the additional time in which We would expect to investigate and resolve the matter;
- If you wish to make a complaint informally, you should call Our head office on 01423 770 666. Alternatively, should you wish to make a formal complaint, please write to Our Customer Service team at Our head office, at Energy House, Hampsthwaite, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG3 2HT, or alternatively email Us at email@example.com, setting out the details of your complaint;
- If you are not satisfied with the initial response to your complaint, you can write or email again, requesting your complaint and the response be reviewed. At this stage, once a review has been undertaken and upon receiving Our final response, if for any reason you are unhappy with Our response, you can refer your complaint to utilitiesADR, a division of The Retail Ombudsman, who is authorised by the Government under the Alternative Dispute Resolution service for consumer disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 to provide an independent review of complaints and dispute resolution service.
You will need to refer your complaint to Utilities ADR within 12 months after Our final response. UtilitiesADR can be contacted as follows:
Stratford Office Village
34 Walker Avenue
Tel: 020 3598 7390
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ‘FIND PERCY CHRISTMAS FREE PRIZE DRAW’ TO WIN 1,000 LITRES OF HEATING OIL OR LPG:
This free prize draw is open to Northern Energy domestic customers and prospective customers over the age of 18. No purchase is necessary.
There is one prize of either 1,000 litres of standard heating oil or 1,000 litres of LPG.
The free prize draw will open on 1st December 2023, with the closing date at 12.00pm on 31st December 2023. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
The winner will be the first eligible entrant drawn at random and will be notified in the first 2 weeks of January.
The winner will be contacted by Northern Energy using the details provided at the time of entry. Northern Energy reserves the right to choose another winner should the original winner not be eligible (at Northern Energy’s discretion).
The prize must be redeemed by 31st December 2024.
The winner must have a functioning and suitable heating oil or LPG storage tank where the prize can be safely delivered to.
The prize must be taken in whole, and cannot be taken in part. It is not transferable and there will be no cash or other alternatives available.
Deliveries must be to a domestic property within the existing Northern Energy oil or LPG delivery areas.
Northern Energy reserves the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the free prize draw at its discretion.
By entering the free prize draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any personal data you provide will be processed in accordance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.