It's important to keep your LPG safe and secure. Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Whether you have an above-ground or underground LPG tank, keep the area around your tank free from overhanging branches, weeds, rubbish, and anything else that can catch fire.
- Don't build any permanent or temporary structure close to your LPG storage tank.
- Don't interfere with your tank. This includes removing any signs, numbers, or instructions on it. Make sure all markings are clearly visible at all times.
- Don't paint your LPG storage tank a different colour. This could raise the temperature when the Pressure Release Valve activates, risking explosion.
- No naked flames, such as from cigarettes, BBQs or bonfires within 2.5 to 3 meters depending on the size of your tank.
- Make sure your LPG storage tank has regular maintenance - we would always recommend you use a GAS SAFE engineer, and ensure easy access to your tank and service valves at all times.
- Get to know the location of any valves and underground pipes.
- Report any damage or failure to us immediately.
- Let us know if you're thinking about making any changes to your property so we can make sure your tank's location and pipework continue to meet safety regulation.
If you suspect a gas leak, check out our FAQ to find out what to do, and then call us on 01423 772 789, or outside office hours, call our 24 hour emergency helpline on 07712 773 230