It's important to keep your LPG safe and secure. Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Keep the area around your tank free from overhanging branches, weeds, rubbish and anything else that can catch fire.
- Don't build any permanent or temporary structure close to your tank.
- Don't interfere with your tank. This includes removing any signs, numbers or instructions on it. Make sure all markings are clearly visible at all times.
- Don't paint your tank a different colour. This could raise the temperature when the Pressure Release Valve activates, risking explosion.
- No naked flames, such as from cigarettes, BBQs or bonfires within 2.5 to 3 meters depending on the size of your tank.
- Make sure your tank has regular maintenance and ensure easy access to your tank and service valves at all times.
- Get to know the location of any valves and underground pipes.
- Report any damage or failure to us immediately.
- Let us know if you're thinking about making any changes to your property so we can make sure your tank's location and pipework continue to meet safety regulation.
If there's a problem, call us on 01423 772 789, or outside office hourse, call our 24 hour emergency helpline on 07712 773 230