LPG is a popular choice for heating homes up and down the country, especially those not connected to the national grid. You may ask 'What is LPG?' - here, we tell you a bit about it and why homeowners use LPG to heat their homes:
- It’s low carbon
- LPG emits 33% less CO2 than coal and 12% less than heating oil – with the lowest carbon footprint out of all off-grid fossil fuels
- It’s clean
- As a clean-burning fuel, LPG propane is smoke-free and emits very low levels of NOx, SOx and Particulate Matter (PM).
- There’s a secure supply
- It's safe
- LPG has multiple sources, and is easily transportable meaning it offers a secure, widely available energy source for off grid homes.
- It’s versatile
- LPG can be used practically anywhere for lots of different applications and is an energy efficient fuel for heating and cooking. It is easily stored in an above ground or underground LPG tank, subject to domestic LPG tank siting regulations.
- Highly efficient
- Gases inherently offer high efficiency which supports optimised performance in the newest boilers
Want help understanding LPG? Check out our LPG Jargon Busters blog where we simplifying the language to help you make informed decisions.