Work for us
As we continue to grow and develop our company we are always on the lookout for friendly and professional people to join our team. Scroll to the bottom of this page to check all of the latest available job roles.
We offer a modern, relaxed but professional working environment within our family-run company and would love to hear from you. Whether you have recently graduated or fancy a career change, the door is always open at Northern Energy for passionate and driven individuals.
Based in Hampsthwaite on the outskirts of the beautiful spa town of Harrogate, Northern Energy Supplies was established since 1932. We believe in treating our customers as individuals, and building relationships with both these customers and also amongst ourselves has been paramount to our success over the years.
Get in touch by sending your CV and salary expectations to us at Northern Energy to see if there is a place for you within the Northern Energy team.
- Sean ParkerWhen I walked through the door on my first day of employment with Northern Energy, I wasn’t sure what to expect. I knew that my previous employer had left me feeling undervalued and apprehensive. Raising a young family, I was looking for a place of employment where I could feel secure and would be rewarded for hard work. I wasn’t disappointed. The company is owned by the Illingworth family, and I work alongside the three Illingworth brothers, Ted, James and Stuart. I was really impressed at how welcome everyone made me feel and how although professional, the office has a casual feel about it - under which I thrive. After only a few weeks of working at Northern Energy my family and I were invited to the company’s annual cricket day which is held down the road in the village. I really enjoyed taking part in the game and stayed for the BBQ and beers after. As I work in marketing I’m asked to come up with different ideas in the promotion of the business. I find that marketing a business or product is much easier if you believe in it. Having spent days out on the delivery trucks as part of my induction I was relieved to find that the superb service that I had been promised was true. The drivers that I went out with weren’t just informative but showed me how important a good relationship is with the customer. For a heating oil delivery service I couldn’t believe how personal the service was. It soon struck me that if the drivers accepted a cuppa from every customer that offered one, they would never get any work done! In conclusion, I enjoy working for Northern Energy Supplies. There are clear lines of communication, I am kept informed of any changes, my opinion matters and I have made lots of new friends due to the social side of working for Northern Energy.Employee Testimonial 1
- Nicky WhiteI have now worked for Northern Energy since 2013. Coming to work here was the best decision I have ever made. I am a 52 year old woman who has been employed in many sectors over the years including the Armed Forces and as a Chef in several different sectors, from schools to restaurants. The one thing I haven’t done is work in an office. I was extremely nervous when I first started but through my employer’s patience (lots of patience) and belief in me I have blossomed. I am now an Account Manager and thoroughly enjoy interaction with the customer’s and with my colleagues. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. I have learnt new skills and have an active social life. We have a Family Day every year with a friendly cricket match followed by a BBQ and whatever tipple takes your fancy. We have a bowling night - more fun food and drinks, also a great Christmas party every year, as well as the odd after-work-meet at a local hostelry. The Illingworth’s who own the company are a lovely, generous family and make sure that everyone feels welcome. All in all a great place to work.Employee Testimonial 2
- Sarah TownsendI have been working at Northern Energy since the start of 2013. The staff are friendly as are the management. Working in a busy environment with the emphasis being that we are all part of a team. The company is always striving to provide the best service for our customers.Employee Testimonial 3
- Phil LeeI started working with Northern Energy on 20th May 1991 as a driver. I drove tankers for five years before choosing to move into the office environment. My current role sees me responsible for the customer’s LPG tanks. I work with Operations who organise the delivery of LPG to the new tanks and tank exchanges following completion. I also take care of tank inspections, maintenance, uplifts / pump outs and tank testing.I have learned a great deal over the years about the oil and LPG business which gives me the opportunity to help my colleagues out in all areas including the occasional bit of tanker driving.I find the Illingworths (the family behind Northern Energy since 1932) to be really accommodating and more importantly approachable. They are always very keen to reward hard work with nights out, family cricket days, BBQs and of course pay. We’ve currently got a great group of people at Northern Energy, there’s a vibrant atmosphere around the office and a strong team spirit.I like to play an active role in staff meetings where I am able to voice my opinions and help shape the company.Employee Testimonial 4
- Class 1 Tanker Driver
Northern Energy Supplies are always looking for good tanker drivers. We have depots based in Immingham, Harrogate, Malton and Newcastle.
Who are Northern Energy? A family business where people care about what they do: what is that exactly? To provide our customers with their best experience of a fuel delivery from beginning to end.
- LGV Category CE
- ADR Classes 2 & 3
Attractive benefit package including competitive remuneration and private medical cover.
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact Stuart Illingworth, detailing current salary, at Northern Energy, Hampsthwaite Head, Hampsthwaite, Harrogate, HG3 2HT
or via an Application Form that can be obtained by calling 01423 770 170.
What our clients are saying...
- "Excellent service , easy to order with polite efficient sales staff. Delivery drivers friendly and reliable, very impressed with all round customer service. "Mrs J
- "Your telephone is answered quickly and in a friendly manner followed up with call/message of delivery date."Mrs B
- "My husband and I are very pleased with your overall service and have recommended your service to other people round about. We rate you 10. Many thanks "Mrs B
- "Yes I would recommend you, I score 10. The 'PPP' keeps my tank topped up, no VAT to pay. A very good efficient firm with nice friendly delivery men. Thank you "Mr W
- "Been with you now since 2005 would recommend you to anyone"Mr W
- "Always good service from ring (a day before) to say delivery is on it's way to the tank being filled up, thanks guys!"Mr T
- "Last year I recommended you to my neighbour and he is equally happy with your service."Mrs S
- "I have just recommended your company to a friend who's just moved into a new home and uses oil. I have given you 10 in ratings."Mr M
- "We find the whole service really easy & efficient"Mrs M
- "We are new customers, but the one delivery we have had came on time. The driver was very friendly and quick with no mess. Very pleased and no need to go elsewhere!"Mrs D
- "I have always been very happy with the service I've recieved from Northern Energy and in fact have got you 2 more customers in the village. The delivery men are always courteous and I think that goes a long way! Northern Energy get a five star rating from me."Mr C
- "I am pleased with your automatic top-up system. It saves me worrying about running out and presumably saves you money if you can top up a group of neighbouring customers in one delivery - so win-win. "Mr D
- "We have been very impressed with the service received from Northern Energy. The team are always very friendly and always willing to help in any which way they can. If we are cancelling a delivery there are never any questions asked. Recently we had a new oil tank fitted and the oil was delivered within two days of being ordered (we had allowed up to 5 days)."Mr K
- "As a customer I love the all inclusive package of oil and maintenance that you offer. As a second home owner, we never run out of oil like we do ‘at home’ because you keep us ‘topped up’."Mr C